Under general supervision of the Director of Marketing, manages various projects for departments as assigned, including project tracking, drafting, proof reading, editing, website, and email marketing systems management. Additionally, will assist in maintaining the yearly calendar of promotional events, will assist in the development of promotional videos, and will partner with CSBA’s graphic design team on the production and distribution of marketing collateral. Will foster cooperative working relationships among Association departments and act as liaison with various educational, community, public, and government agencies; and will perform related work as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researches and recommends marketing options based on internal goals and strategies.
- Develops clear understanding of event and/or program strategy and supports the development of detailed execution plan; coordinates with Director and vendors to execute plan within time and budget constraints.
- Assists Director to develop customer and internal communications strategy, associated plan, and key messages.
- Interfaces with sales, marketing, public relations, and other departments and/or outside vendors to execute customer/internal communications plans.
- Measures, records, and presents results of each initiative to Director; recommends changes to improve effectiveness.
- Coordinates production of marketing materials; monitors for quality and corporate identity guidelines.
- Monitors inventory levels and replenishes as needed to support marketing communications and initiatives.
- Regularly reviews company website content; ensures web content is on-strategy consistent with corporate identity guidelines and updates.
- Interfaces with webmaster to ensure web site content is regularly updated.
- Assists with new product and service announcements.
- Manages and maintains communications library.
- Assists with related special projects as required.
- Operates a variety of standard office equipment, including job-related computer hardware and software applications, copiers, postage meters, facsimile machines, multi-line telephones, and transcription equipment; may operate other department-specific equipment.
- Reads and demonstrates an understanding and adherence to CSBA values, policies, and practices.
- Demonstrates respect, honesty and professionalism at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Marketing theories and best practices.
- E-blast, content management systems, and marketing systems for website updates.
- Methods and techniques of communications writing and editing for news media, marketing, and community relations.
- Methods and practices applied in design and implementation of public affairs and news media print and electronic communication materials.
- Recent and on-going developments, current literature, and sources of information related to assigned duties.
- Record keeping principles and procedures.
- Modern office practices, methods, and computer equipment and applications related to the work.
- Techniques for effectively representing the Association in contacts with governmental agencies, community groups, and various business, professional, educational, regulatory, and legislative organizations.
- English usage, grammar, spelling, vocabulary, and punctuation.
- Techniques for providing a high level of customer service by effectively dealing with the public, vendors, contractors, and Association staff.
- Identify and implement effective course of action to complete assigned work.
- Use project management methodology in completing assigned work.
- Edit written materials.
- Produce neat, accurate, and quality line work.
- Prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence, procedures, and other written materials.
- Effectively represent the Association in meetings with education institutions, governmental agencies, community groups, and various businesses, professional, and regulatory organizations, and in meetings with the public.
- Maintain a variety of filing, record keeping, and tracking systems.
- Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner; organize own work, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines.
- Operate and maintain modern office equipment, including computer equipment and specialized software application programs.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Excellent grammatical and spelling skills.
- Use English effectively to communicate in person, over the telephone, and in writing.
- Use tact, initiative, prudence, and independent judgment within general policy, procedural, and legal guidelines.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Any combination of training and experience equivalent to an bachelor’s degree or higher with major coursework in journalism, English, public affairs/relations, communications, public or business administrative, or related field with three (3) years of experience in editing and production or various forms and styles of communication and/or media programs and project similar to those administered by Association or related experience.
ENVIRONMENTAL ELEMENTS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Employee works in a primarily sedentary office environment with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances.
- Employee is personally responsible for following health and safety guidelines, instructions, and policies.
- Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer; vision to read printed materials and computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person, and over the telephone; must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push and pull drawers open and closed in the execution of duties.
- Must be able to sit at computer for long periods of time and have the dexterity to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator, and operate standard office equipment.
- Employee must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 25 pounds, hand truck available to assist.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Possession of, or ability to, obtain a valid California Driver’s license by time of appointment.