Teacher Suffers Burns After Sulfuric Acid Spill

A teacher at a middle school in Santa Barbara was sent to the hospital after a sulfuric acid spill burned her.

The spill happened in the science supply room and no students were near the room at the time, according to a statement from the Santa Barbara Unified School District.

The Santa Barbara Fire Department and the Santa Barbara Hazardous Materials Response Team responded to the scene and were able to clean up the area.

The city issued the following statement in the afternoon:


Photo courtesy of the Santa Barbara City Fire Department.