UCLA Researchers Receive $6.4 Million in Grants From the Bureau of Cannabis Control
The California Bureau of Cannabis Control has awarded the University of California, Los Angeles $6.4 million in grants for important cannabis-related research.
The money will fund seven different studies at the Geffen School of Medicine and the UCLA Luskin School of Public Affairs. Researchers will explore:
- Cannabis industry demographics
- Employment and working conditions in the industry
- Secondhand cannabis smoke
- The feasibility of a cannabis potency tax
- Prop 64’s impact on public health
- The impact of cannabis marketing on the state’s youth
- The impact of cannabis marketing on cannabis use disparities among sexual and gender minority youth
Read more here.