One Dead, Three Hospitalized After Overdoses at Hollywood School
One student has died and three have been hospitalized after an apparent fentanyl overdose at Bernstein High School in Hollywood.
Police were called to the school at 9 p.m. Tuesday after a female student began experiencing symptoms of an overdose. They found another female unresponsive in the bathroom and attempted to save her life. They were unsuccessful.
The students had purchased what they believed to be Percocet pills in Lexington Park near the school. Two other students were found suffering from possible overdoses in the park.
Bernstein High School remained open on Wednesday.
“School will be open today and we will have grief counselors on-site and available to support all students and employees,” school officials said in a statement. “As we work together with LAPD to uncover the details of this tragic situation, our thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends of both students.”
Read more at the Los Angeles Times.